We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
This privacy notice is divided into the following sections:
• Who we are
• Our website
• Our collection and use of your personal information
• Transfer of your information out of the EEA
• Cookies and similar technologies
• Your rights
• Keeping your personal information secure
• How to complain
• Changes to this privacy notice
• How to contact us
Who we are
This website is operated by Qolcom Limited. We are specialists in the field of secure networking, mobile device management and security solutions. For more information see https://qolcom-2-staging.onyx-sites.io/about-us.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
This privacy notice relates to your use of our website, www.qolcom.co.uk as well as relating to our use of your data in all other business operations.
We may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to inform you about secure networking and mobile device system manufacturers we work with. These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their privacy notices as appropriate.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us at an event, or for a demonstration, contact us for further information or place orders with us.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us or contact us, or indirectly, such as your browsing activity whilst on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you is dependent upon specific engagement activities, including through our website. Such information includes:
• your name, company and email address details
• details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
• information about the services we provide to you or are of interest to you
We use this personal information to:
• create and manage your account with us
• verify your identity
• provide goods and services to you
• customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
• notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
• improve our services
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
• consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
• contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
• legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
• legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information, which overrides our legitimate interests)
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your business contact details (e.g. your name, company name and email address details) with our third-party suppliers if you require demonstrations of any products or services of interest to you, and for the purposes of pricing, licensing and support. This data sharing enables them to provide further information or demonstrations to you. We may also share this information with our web developers, our telemarketing agency, our creative agency and our CRM developer in order to support direct communications with you.
For a list of our third-party suppliers see the partner list on our home page.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
We require you to provide your name, and email address to enable us to provide appropriate solutions to your enquiry. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We do not transfer or store your personal information on our own systems in locations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Third party suppliers who we share your personal data with may, in the course of providing services to you, transfer your information to locations outside the EEA. When such transfers take place outside the EEA, such as with our partners, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party operates with appropriate safeguards in place to meet compliance with GDPR requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies
We would like to send you information about products and services, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online enquiry form. Click here to see what this form looks like.
If you have previously agreed to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at email@example.com . It may take up to 5 business days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
• let us have enough information to identify you e.g. name and email address
• let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published in May 2018 and last updated in October 2019. We may change this privacy notice from time to time.
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to DPO, Qolcom Ltd, 5-6 Queen Isabelle House, Kingsclere Park, Kingsclere, Hampshire, RG20 4SW or call +44 (0)1635 298021.